Scrolling

A striking dark and white Swedish space

I enjoyed touring the world's smallest luxury home (imagine?!) and the Manhatten loft this week, but today I thought we'd return to Sweden with this gem of an apartment. I haven't seen dark floors for a while and I've kinda missed them. The dark wood looks so beautiful against the white and light greys, don't you think? My eyes are on the hallway - with it's start contrast of black and white - so simple yet so striking. And I'd never miss the mid-century touch (side-table, mirror...) and plants and flowers in every corner. Lovely!











Stadshem. Photo: Janne of @Flashbackphoto. Styling: Emma Hos

What a great space - is there anything you love in particular?

More lovely dark floor spaces here and here (proof they look fab in a small space too!). Or why not go all out dark like this Australian summer house?!

A few tips on where things are from (as always jump in in the comment section below if I've missed anything!): Knitted pouf, DLM side tableTom Dixon beat light, Bertoia chair (by the desk), RENARP desk light, Frama E27 light is similar (in kitchen).

My V.V.V.I.P guest (Mum) has arrived from London - yay! And in true Swedish style we're heading out of the city to enjoy a few days at the cottage. I love the whole Scandinavian summer cottage concept- there's something about going back to basics and living the quiet life for a few days. You can see some of my favourites here.

Since I'm hoping to spend a lot of time outdoors while I'm up on the West coast, I'm turning to the great outdoors in tomorrow's post too with some terrace and backyard inspiration....see you tomorrow!

And have a lovely day...I hope the sun's shining where you are too?!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. so clean and calm! an oasis to the eye! xx

    http://debsbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say I love this space. When can I move in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you direct me to best Scandinavian designer in nyc???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every room looks great! I really like white paints, it feels so fresh and clean. :)

    Arrielle Pascua
    High Park

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know the name of this high back chair in the corner (with a blanket hanging on its arm)? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know the designer of the white and black knotted rug in the sitting area with the large window? I love the bright contrast it gives to the dark hardwood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO